Tuesday, October 22, 2019

'The Vuolos Take LA' Recap

Counting On "The Vuolos Take LA"

  • Jinger, Jeremy, and five-month-old Felicity are in Los Angeles scoping out the area. They take a hike to the Hollywood sign and look out on the San Fernando Valley, which is where they are hoping to live.
  • “I chose to wear pants for the hike,” says Jinger. “We were going to be going down some steep hills, and so I thought it best to wear pants. My parents always raised us just to honor Christ in everything that we do. That’s where the Lord’s led me as of now. Growing up, my parents instilled in us the importance of modesty, and so I’m really, really grateful for that foundation and for that training.”
  • Why did Michelle choose to start wearing solely skirts and dresses as a young woman? “I had a lot of baggage in my life up until the age of 15, and when I was born again, my life totally changed. It was just transformed. And as I began to read the Bible and pray, the Lord totally convicted me about the way that I was dressing.” Michelle mentions something that she shares in one of her books, about her practice as a teenager to mow the lawn in a bikini, not knowing that she could be causing men to stumble. “And so the best that I knew, and how I understood, I obeyed my Lord, and I just felt like I should wear dresses and skirts. My girls, I just dressed them in dresses and skirts, as well, being that that was my personal conviction. I think that part of it was just more of…Mama’s the mama, and I’m raising my girls to be modest and honor the Lord in how they represent themselves.”
  • Is there conflict between Michelle and Jinger over Jinger’s new wardrobe choices? Jinger says she spoke with her parents and shared her heart with them before she started wearing pants, and they encouraged her to walk with the Lord, honor Him, and maintain modesty.
  • “It’s okay that my kids may have different convictions than me,” says Michelle. “I know that He’s leading them, and that’s the most important thing, is their walk, their relationship, with God. And I honestly can say, I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. You’re so precious, Jing!”
  • “I’m really thankful for my mom and I know the tears probably are because we are super close, and just knowing that we have different conviction on this aspect but that she still loves me the same, that just means the world,” says Jinger.
  • While in LA, the Vuolos meet up with their new friends, Cade and Gabby, who were both finalists on American Idol. Jeremy messaged Cade online because the two of them share similar theological backgrounds, and a friendship was sparked. They stroll down the Hollywood Walk of Fame and spot a star for the Backstreet Boys, a band that Jeremy loved growing up and still likes to sing to. “I knew the name Backstreet Boys before meeting Jeremy, but I hadn’t listened to much of their music,” says Jinger. When asked by the producers if they are familiar with the Backstreet Boys, Austin is, but Joy, Abbie, Jana, Jessa, and Kendra are not.
  • Later, they visit Venice Beach at sunset, and Cade and Gabby sing “Amazing Grace” for Felicity.
  • In Philadelphia, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason, James, and Justin pick up three limousines and drive them back to Arkansas to sell at their used car lot. Jed is spearheading the operation. Three hours into the trip, one of the limos is leaking oil. They perform a little fix, and the vehicle is back in commission.
  • Along the way, the guys pull into an RV park and start a fire. “Jer and I are both 20 years old, and we’re getting about that point where we are starting to think about courtship,” says Jedidiah.
  • “I’m looking for somebody that‘s going to be a friend, companion, for sure somebody that is humble and has a learning spirit,” says Jason.
  • “I’m looking for a modest, righteous babe,” says James. All the guys laugh.
  • “Tall, dark, handsome, no I’m kidding,” says Jana, chuckling. “Really the biggest thing is someone with character, someone that is a little more established, just mature and wise.”
  • Does Jana feel the pressure to get married? “Well, some will pressure in some ways,” admits Jana. “I’m like, ‘Y’all, when the time comes, I’ll…figure this out. But if I was just sitting there like, ‘Oh man, I’m just waiting to get married,’ I think that would be more depressing. But instead, I really look at this as, okay what are other things maybe that I could be doing right now that maybe I can’t do later. And so I’ve really enjoyed the different opportunities that I’ve had to, I don’t know, travel, even still be able to travel with my family, that maybe my married siblings can’t do.”
  • “Different ones of us have been in relationships, courtships, whatever you want to label it as,” says Jana. “Of course it doesn’t always end in marriage, and that’s okay. It doesn’t have to end in marriage.”
  • Meanwhile, John-David and Abbie, who have been married for three months, embark on their honeymoon to Finland.  On the first day, they go on a reindeer safari. Then, they put skis on and are each given the reins of a reindeer. John moves faster, but they both have a blast.
  • The newlyweds also visit the White Cathedral. They are looking forward to staying in a snow hotel.


source http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2019/10/the-vuolos-take-la-recap.html

No comments:

Post a Comment