Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Michelle on Daughters Wearing Pants

Michelle Duggar and Jinger Duggar Vuolo
On last night's new episode of Counting On, Michelle addressed a question that has been on the minds of fans for many months: What does she think about the choice that some of her married daughters have made to wear pants?

After becoming a born-again Christian as a teenager, Michelle began reading the Bible and praying and was soon convicted to change the way she dressed. "And so the best that I knew, and how I understood, I obeyed my Lord, and I just felt like I should wear dresses and skirts," the Duggar mom shared on last night's episode. "My girls, I just dressed them in dresses and skirts, as well, being that that was my personal conviction. I think that part of it was just more of…Mama’s the mama, and I’m raising my girls to be modest and honor the Lord in how they represent themselves."

Jinger Vuolo told viewers that she spoke with her parents before making the switch from solely skirts and dresses to a mix of skirts, dresses, and pants. They were not upset. Rather, they encouraged her to walk with the Lord, honor Him, and maintain modesty.

A few tears were shed as Jinger and Michelle spoke about the issue on reality TV. "I’m really thankful for my mom, and I know the tears probably are because we are super close, and just knowing that we have different convictions on this aspect but that she still loves me the same, that just means the world,” says Jinger.
 
Michelle gave a few final remarks: "It’s okay that my kids may have different convictions than me,” says Michelle. “I know that He’s leading them, and that’s the most important thing, is their walk, their relationship, with God. And I honestly can say, I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. You’re so precious, Jing!”

If you enjoy this blog, be sure to visit Ellie's other blogs (NashvilleWife.com and BatesFamilyBlog.com).

Photo courtesy jingerandjeremy.com


source http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2019/10/michelle-on-daughters-wearing-pants.html

No comments:

Post a Comment